If you stumbled upon this post from Google, we wanna tell you that there are many other methods we have mentioned in this ringtones site that how you can add or change your Android phone ringtone. But in this article, as the title suggests, We will tell you How to set your Android phone ringtone from the Google Play music app.
As of now, Google Play Music app is coming pre-installed on many Android phones which will give you easy option to change the ringtone. Also see: Best 50 Ringtones of 2018.
There are 2 ways in which you can use the Google Play Music app to set the ringtone of your Android phone. One is via SD card if you have it follow the 1st method if not then you need to download the music to your PC and then transfer it to Android device like shared in 2nd method.
Set a song from Google Play Music as your ringtone via SD card
01. Open Google Play Music and click on hamburger menu on the top left and Choose Settings.
02. Scroll below and in Storage location choose external. As you download the music from Google Play, it will save it in External Storage SD card.
03. FInd the tune/music you want to download from Google Play. Just remember the file name you downloaded for later to find easier.
04. Now open the file manager on your Phone if hasn’t one download it from play store.
05. Select SD card and Go to Android > data > com.google.android.music > files > music
06. Now search the file you downloaded above in step 03.
07. Tick the checkbox right to the file you found and copy the file. You will see the copy option in the bottom left.
08. Now come back to the File Manager. Go to Phone storage > Ringtones
09. Paste the track here.
10. Now Go to Settings, Sound, Ringtone, you’ll find this file at the top of the list.
Set a song from Google Play Music as your ringtone – PC or Mac
01. If you don’t have an External storage like SD card on your phone then you need to download the music on your PC.
02. Go to play.google.com/music and select My Library, Songs.
03. Find the song you want to download. Take the mouse over it and click on 3 dots menu … and download it.
04. You will see a pop-up box to ask you “Are you sure you want to download this on your computer”. Click on Download now.
05. Connect your Android phone to PC and transfer the downloaded file into File Manager.
06. Now Go to Settings, Sound, Ringtone, you’ll find this file at the top of the list.